Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunday, May 22

It looks as if we are here for at least another day.  Michaela was completely out of it last night due to the heavy medication.  She is still hooked up to the IV and oxygen.  The doctors took blood tests this morning and it looked a lot better than yesterday.  It looks as though she will not have to have a blood transfusion:)She is tired of being so drugged up on medication and sleeping all the time.  I think she is going to try and go without as much pain medication so that she can be more alert. 

Kirk has been so incredible through this whole ordeal.  He is constantly trying to make things more comfortable for Michaela.  He won't leave her side.  He has slept in her room every night.  I know this is very hard for him.  I couldn't ask for a better son-in-law! 

Kirk and I have taken up playing monopoly against eachother on the computers.  Yes, we are BORED!!!!
I don't know for sure, but I think he is winning:(

We appreciate hearing from all of you and your support during this difficult time. 

2 comments:

  1. Ronda,
    I know this hasn't been just an ordeal for Micheala, but for you and Mike and Kirk and all who love her! I know you would trade places with her if you could. Hugs and prayers to you all!
    Polly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Polly. It's really hard to watch your child go through something like this. I would absolutely trade places with her if at all possible. Thanks for your support. I can't tell you how much it means to me.

    ReplyDelete