Saturday, May 21, 2011

another rough day

Just when we thought Michaela was improving and on her way home, things started going downhill.  She is back on the oxygen, and in a lot of pain.  She has been sleeping quite a bit which is great, but the narcotics are the cause of the vomiting and lack of oxygen.  They still need to figure out how to balance everything.  The nurses and aids have been so kind.  They are so willing to help with anything we ask.  Luckily, she hasn't had to get a blood transfusion yet, and we hope she won't need to.  They will wait until tomorrow to determine that.   She has just been taken off of all liquids and food for the next 12 hours.  They hooked her up to the IV again and we will see if she improves.  Poor girl.  She is trying so hard to be strong and get well.  She apologizes to the nurses when she is not feeling well:)  She is an angel. 

We are hoping for a better day tomorrow:)))))

2 comments:

  1. hi guys, sounds like things are a little tough there. I hope tomorrow brings brighter times. Hang in there mckayla. You have a fabulous support system there with you!!!!! Maybe you could eat a little "coconut candy", it should make everything better. We are thinking about you and praying for you. I check the blog posts several times a day. thanks ronda, for keeping us updated. You are super strong people and I'm glad to have you in my world. Hope to see you soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, THANK YOU for bringing the coconut candy! That was so nice of you and Rick to get that for us. I offered some candy to Michaela but she didn't want any. I knew then that she must be miserable:( I can't wait to hear about your trip. Hopefully, I will be back there soon! Thanks for the support! You are the BEST

    ReplyDelete